Nacho Cheese Dip

Smooth, cheesy and creamy nacho cheese dip- perfect for dunking nachos, mini pretzels, drizzling over veggies and stirred into mac and cheese. 






For the next 3 days of my life it's going to be camp, camp camp. 

Excited or not excited? I really don't know. I'm not a camp lover, but I've been to many camps. 

But this camp is different- I'm planning this camp, along with a bunch of my batchmates. It's going to be a tough road to climb, but I'm sure we'll make it through. 




I joined this CCA 3 years ago, not knowing where it led me, how if was going to be like, and what I was going to become. I guess it has changed me in some way- I've learned to be more responsible, to know when to be nice and when to be fierce, and how to differentiate the better people from the worse. To learn to tolerate the different personalities I meet, and to learn to accept them for who they are. I've got to know many new people whom I never talked to 3 years ago- perhaps not as close friends, but as great friends and real batchmates, and I've seen the true side of them. 




Tomorrow's not going to be easy, but I know it's going to be fun. It's going to be 3 days of getting to know familiar faces, finding friends, gaining responsibilities, and learning from mistakes. It's going to be 3 days without wi-fi, technology, and time to play. It's going to be 3 days of ground up learning, experience and fun. 

And I know it's going to be a fufilling experience. 

So here's some nacho cheese dip for dunking tortilla chips and snacking. I'm going to miss this good ol' cheese sauce. 




Nacho Cheese Dip 

2 tablespoons unsalted butter 
2 tablespoons plain flour 
1 cup milk 
2-3 cups cheddar cheese 
Pinch of cayenne pepper
Salt and pepper, to taste 

In a small saucepan, melt the butter. 
Whisk in the flour, and let the rue cook off some of the raw flour taste. 
Gradually whisk in the milk until it is smooth and thick. 
Stir in the cheese, and whisk until melted and smooth. Add a pinch of cayenne if desired and season with salt and pepper. 

Share this:

,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment