Passionfruit Chiffon Cake

Soft, moist and fragrant - eating this will make you feel like you're eating sweet clouds!










I bought a couple of mini cardboard chiffon tins. 

Okay maybe not a couple. A stack of 25. 

They're little 5 inch tins with a dark brown serrated outside and smooth cardboardy inside. The moment my eyes fell on it I knew I had to get it. 

I had to. 

It was just soooo cute. 



People go around the shopping centre looking for clothes and shoes and bags.

I scan every bakery and the aisles of my favourite baking department store. Nothing beats the feeling of walking through the aisles of cake tins, muffin cups, flour, sugar, decorating kits and pretty sugar decorations. I'm just so happy and so excited looking at all the new things around me. 

My mum bought me some passionfruits this morning and I KNEW I had to make chiffon cake - with my new tins of course. I've made Passionfruit chiffon cake before, but this is the best recipe so far. 

This cake is moist, airy and extremely fragrant. You still get the tang of the passionfruit through the sweetness of the cake and the soft, fluffy texture. 



Next week will be off to camp for 3 days- lots of planning, running about, curling up in sleeping bags, and hot, sweaty days. But eating this puts me momentarily on cloud nine. (Get it? Tastes like sweet clouds, feeling like I'm on cloud 9) <---- I'm lame, yes. 



And this recipe is so versatile. Replace the Passionfruit juice with any juice or purée you desire- pomegranate, mango, pineapple, etc. Or put in your favourite drink into the cake! Imagine milk tea chiffon cake and earl grey lavender chiffon cake. I'm putting those ideas down. And stocking up on eggs for the next batch. 


Passionfruit Chiffon Cake 
Makes 2 5-inch chiffon tins or a 20cm chiffon tin 

4 egg yolks 
20g sugar 
30ml oil 
70g Passionfruit purée OR 50g Passionfruit juice 
80g cake flour / top flour 

4 egg whites 
50g sugar 

Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius. 

In a large bowl, whisk egg yolks, sugar, oil, Passionfruit purée/ juice and flour. Set aside. 

In a stand mixer with the whisk attachment or using a hand mixer, beat the egg whites until frothy. Gradually sprinkle in the sugar, and beat until stiff peaks. 

Fold in the egg white mixture into the egg yolk mixture in 3 batches, folding gently until just combined. 

Pour into chiffon tin(s) and bake for 25-30 minutes until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. 

Invert the cake and cool completely before removing it from the tin and serving. 


Share this:

, ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment