Salted Brown Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies

Chewy cookies with crisp edges, a hint of toffee, and a sprinkle of fleur de sel. 




Hey y'all! I'm really sorry I haven't posted anything in ages, but I've been really really busy for the past couple of weeks. It's not that I haven't been baking (I've been baking as usual haha) but I haven't had the time to edit nice photos and write posts. It's just been an overload of homework, proposals, class stuff, and running about getting things done for the people around me. In a way it does give me a sense of satisfaction that I've done so much, but at the end of the day I'm so exhausted to do much that really makes me happy, and to spend some time on my own. 



The year has been great so far- I've been taking up new roles, doing more things, and getting used to having to get home late everyday and rushing out homework and proposals. But I've also gained new friends, and a part of me feels a sense of belonging to people whom I can get along with, to a group of people that I can lean on in times of need, a group of people who will accept me for who I am and what I do. The bonds of friendship are irreplaceable and priceless, and I am thankful for that. 

But back to these cookies-- these are the best I have ever tasted. The coarsely chopped chocolate are goey and melty, and the brown butter brings a hint of toffee and butterscotch that hits the back of your tongue as you chew on the last morsel of the cookie. The salt really balances out the sweet cookie and bitter chocolate, and I love the crisp edges and chewy centres. 

Chocolate chip cookie brought to a whole new level of sophistication.  




Salted Brown Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies

140g unsalted butter, browned 
1 tbsp vanilla extract 
1 3/4 all purpose flour
3/4 tsp baking powder 
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup granulated sugar 
1/2 cup brown sugar 
1/2 tsp salt 
1 egg
200g dark chocolate, very coarsely chopped 

Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper. 
In a large bowl, combine butter, vanilla extract and sugars. 
Stir in the egg, and sift in the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. 
Fold in the dark chocolate. 
Using a cookie scoop/ 1/4 cup measure/ tablespoon measure, roll the cookie dough into balls. 
Place the balls of cookie dough on the cookie sheet, and place in the fridge to chill for at least 1 hour, or overnight. 
When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 200 degrees celsius. 
Bake the cookies for 8-11 minutes. Cool completely before serving. 



Share this:

,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment