Matcha Mushipan 抹茶蒸しパン

Steamed Japanese matcha cake- soft and moist, packed with matcha goodness! And I did I mention no oil and butter too? 




If you have ever eaten fatt gou (Chinese 发糕), the texture of this cake is quite similar to that, except without the signature split open top and Gula Melaka. Both cakes are steamed, giving it lots of moisture and cakey texture without adding any fat into the batter!

So if you want to have your cake and eat it too, Mushipan is the way to go! I mean with matcha, what's not to love? :) 



1 week + 3 more days of burden to go. I really don't know how this camp is going to turn out- I've done my best for my proposal planning, and I've tried to help out in my role in whatever ways possible. I don't know if that's enough, but I hope it is. It all comes down to the 4 days in camp and executing the camp with my teammates. As much as doubt my ability to lead others well, I just hope everything turns out okay. And no matter what the outcome is, as long as I think I've tried my best and done what I could, nothing else matters anymore. 




Matcha Mushipan 抹茶蒸しパン
Makes 6 muffin sized mushipans

100g cake flour 
2 tsp matcha powder
1 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt 
60g sugar 
1 egg, separated 
80ml milk 

In a large bowl, whisk together the egg yolk, sugar and milk. 
Sift in the flour, matcha powder, baking powder and salt. 
In another bowl, whisk the egg white to stiff peaks. 
Gently fold the egg white into the egg yolk and flour mixture in 3 batches. 
Divide the mixture evenly between 6 cupcake cups, or ramekins/ cupcake tin lined with cupcake liners.
Steam in a preheated steam oven or a steamer over a pot of simmering water for 13 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. 


Share this:

,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment