Chocolate Cream Cheese Bread Round

Soft and fluffy chocolate bread (made using the kopitiam milk bun recipe!) and filled with oozy and lightly sweetened vanilla cream cheese. It's like chocolate cheesecake for breakfast :D



It's graduation! Okay not that it has anything to do with this bread because I actually made this guy a while ago before I had my Chinese exams. But I really just wanna share a couple of things I've learnt these few years, and especially the last few days 

1) You never realise how important something is until you really lose it 
I remember reading years ago in a comprehension passage “失去了才珍惜”, when you lose something, you learn to appreciate it. I've never really realised how important my friends were to me and the little school "family" I belonged meant to me until I had to really say goodbye. It's funny how things only start to make sense when the journey's about to end. 


2) Don't judge. 
I've always judged people. It just happens naturally, my impression of people quickly forms by observing their actions and words without actually looking at them on the inside. I remember I once felt this girl was weird because of the way she talked and walked, but after getting to know her, I found out that she was such a sweet girl, expressed only in a different way. When someone fell down during our Fitness test run, she got ice from the drinks stall uncle to help ice her injury even though she didn't actually know her. It's these little things people do that really touch my heart and makes me feel so bad about my initial impressions of people. 

3) Change.
Change is such a big word. And scary word. I've never really liked change, because everytime I have to live in new surroundings, I'll need to make new friends and settle in all over again. I guess thats what makes things difficult for me. But I've found that change helps me, because I learn to step out of my comfort zone and really do new things that help me to learn and grow. And while I may trip on my own foot and fall, I'll always find a way to get back up. The end of a journey always marks the start of a new future. No matter how dark the future might seem, you can look back at the sunshine and smile, but always look forward, with confidence and gusto.



Chocolate Cream Cheese Bread Round 

Overnight sponge dough 
214g high protein flour 
128g cold milk
2g (1/2 tsp) instant yeast 

Mix all the ingredients together until it forms a dry, shaggy dough. Place in a bowl covered in plastic wrap and let sit in the fridge overnight, or for 4 to 5 hours and room temperature. 


Bread dough 
92g bread flour 
12g cold milk 
30g egg (about 1/2 egg) 
3g (1 tsp) instant yeast 
3g (1/2 tsp) salt 
60g sugar 
12g milk powder 
15g cocoa powder + 2 tablespoons water, mix to form a smooth paste 
All of the overnight sponge dough, torn into pieces
45g butter, room temperature 

Cream cheese filling 
75g cream cheese, room temperature 
15g sugar 
1/2 tsp vanilla extract 

Combine all the ingredients (except butter) and knead till smooth and combined. 
Add in the butter and knead the dough until it is very elastic and passes the windowpane test. This will take about 15-30 minutes. The dough should not be sticky, if it is still sticky keep kneading without adding extra flour. 
Let the dough rest for at least 10 minutes, covered, or up to 45 minutes. 
Meanwhile, combine the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract. Mix well till combined. 
Roll out the chocoate dough into a long rectangle. 
With the long side facing you, place the cream cheese filling in the centre of the rectangle, such that it forms a long cream cheese tube.
Pinch the long ends of the chocoate dough together such that it forms a long chocolate bread dough with cream cheese in the centre.
Pinch the ends of the tube close, then bring the 2 ends of the tube to form a ring, pinch them together to form a closed tight ring. 
Using your fingers, pull the dough to widen the hole in the centre so the ring widens. Note that the bread will increase in size in the oven and during the second prove. 
Cover the dough with plastic wrap and let rise until doubled in size, about 45 minutes. 
Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
Lightly dust the top with some flour and using a pair of sharp scissors, make deep slashes on the top of the bread (optional) 
Bake for 25 minutes, or until lightly golden. 

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment