Matcha Madeleines

Moist and buttery sweet madeleines pair beautifully with the bitter sweetness of matcha and a good cup of tea! 




School has started for me! It's more or less a week of just meeting friends and settling in and trying not to lose my way in the huge campus. For me the part I look forward to most though is meeting up with friends I haven't seen for a while and really just being with the people I care about. It's comforting to know that there all people who would always be there for me in tough times and in good. 

Sometimes, though, it feels a little pointless to give so much and get nothing in return at the end. I help and do things that I'm not obliged to do- but yet sometimes I don't feel like I've done anything to help, or if anyone really appreciates it. Or if my presence would be missed if I weren't there. Perhaps good things will be repaid some other day, and maybe people will be notice someday. Have faith in yourself, and do what you feel is right. 



I'm leaving you with some comforting treats for a midday snack. They're delicious and super quick to make if you don't bother with Madeleine humps- these are just as good without chilling in the fridge. Eat these warm or dipped in dark chocolate- or simply with a cup of tea. 


Matcha Madeleines 

Makes 18 madeleines 

3 eggs 
120g sugar 
120g plain flour 
1 tsp baking powder 
1 tbsp matcha powder 
1/4 tsp salt 
6 tbsp melted butter

Beat eggs and sugar together till pale and fluffy. Sift in the flour, baking powder, matcha and salt, and gently fold in till combined. 
Stir in the melted butter. Cover the batter and chill in the fridge for at least 1h or overnight. 
Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius. Scoop the batter into greased and floured tins, fill to 3/4 full. 
Bake for 7-8 min till a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. 



Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment