PB&J Oatmeal Bars

Homemade strawberry chia jam sandwiched between soft layers of peanut butter oatmeal crumble.




Fridays are my favourite days!! Although I end school at 4 I come home happy and relaxed because it's the end of the week, and the weekend is here! This week is especially great because there's a long weekend coming up (hello national day :)) which always calls for baking and good books (and homework too sigh). Fridays are great because they're my baking days- today I made earl grey lavender marshmallows (which are still sitting out- hopefully they will turn out okay) and some cranberry walnut sourdough, which was okay but slightly gummy and got a rather lacklustre rise. But hmm it's okay I'll keep trying! I think one of my greatest strengths is determination, and you know I will never give up on you, Mr Sourdough. 

Other than the terrible math test that I'm certain I will fail very badly, this Friday has been great because: 
1) Days with my friends are always great days 
2) I'm looking forward to the much needed holiday to relax and recharge! 
3) I baked- which always makes me feel great :)
4) I've lifted off some emotional baggage- which is good! 
5) Saturday will be a fun and fufilling day :) 

I made some strawberry chia jam- which I desperately need to use up before they go bad haha. So here's some ideas 
- Pound cake with thick swirls of jam, topped with crumble and flaked almonds 
- Jam swirled muffins 
- Jam stuffed peanut butter cookies 
- Jam swirled brioche loaf of challah (which would be delicious French toast or bostock the next day)
- Pop tarts! 
- Italian Jam Crostata 
- Bakewell tart (yums) 

Any other ideas for leftover jam, guys? 

Have a happy weekend y'all! 


PB&J Oatmeal Bars 

1 cup wholewheat flour + pinch of salt 
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup raw sugar 
1/4 canola or coconut oil 
1/4 peanut butter, slightly melted 
For filling: 3/4 jam + 1/4 peanut butter 

Combine all the ingredients for the oatmeal crumble together. Set aside 1/2 cup of the oat mixture, and press the rest into a greased and lined 8 inch tin. 
Spread on the jam and swirl in the peanut butter. Top with the crumble.
Bake 180 degrees Celsius for 25-30 min till slightly golden. 

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment