Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting

Yeah, 

maybe I loved

a little insane 

but at least I 

had the courage 

to lose myself in 

something I

truly wanted.

- faraway 




It's finally time for a bit of rest and relaxation (and baking!) and I am so excited for the new year. 2018 is going to be really interesting for me- lots of new experiences, meeting new people, and exploring who I am and the kind of things I really love. I wouldn't say the past year has been the kindest- I've had my own struggles but I've learn to grow from those experiences, step out of my comfort zone, embrace myself, to spread the love and kindness, and stay rooted and grounded to what I really believe in. 




I'm not the biggest fan of carrot cake- though I love a really good cream cheese frosting and a super moist spiced sponge. This one's packed with carrots and a couple other goodies- walnuts, raisins and coconut. It's rich but not over the top and I think, the perfect tea time snack.




Carrot Cake 

Makes a 10 inch square sheet cake


320g plain flour 

3 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp baking soda 

1/2 tsp salt 

1/4 tsp Cinnamon 

5 eggs 

220g brown sugar 

240ml oil 

350g grated carrots

80g walnuts 

80g raisins 


Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius. Grease and line a 10 inch square pan. 

Sift the dry ingredients together.

Whisk the eggs and sugar till fluffy, add in the oil. 

Fold in the dry ingredients, then stir in the carrots, walnuts and raisins. 

Pour batter into prepared pan, bake for about 45 minutes till a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. 

Cool completely before frosting. 


Cream cheese frosting 

150g cream cheese 

50g butter, at room temperature 

80g icing sugar, sifted 

Shredded coconut flakes, gently toasted 


Beat butter and cream cheese until fluffy. Add in icing sugar and beat till smooth. Spread cream cheese over cooled cake and sprinkle with toasted coconut. 







Share this:

CONVERSATION

1 comments: